God’s absolute control of the unfolding events of world history.
- Read Amos 9:1-4 and Jeremiah 29:10-14 The first verses (Amos) are about the northern ten tribes, the other verses (Jeremiah) concern the southern tribes of Judah and Benjamin. List some of the differences in God’s plans for each group?
- Can sinful behavior become so bad that God becomes the relentless enemy of the unrepentant sinner? (Romans 1:18, 1 Thessalonians 2:14-26)
- Amos 9:5,6 What are some of the attributes of the Lord of Hosts?
- Amos 9:7 How does God arrange where the nationslive? (Acts 17:26)
- How do these verses in Amos 9 point to the sovereign hand of God as guiding all of human history?
- Amos 9:8-10 How does arrogant self-confidence in one’s own security, despite a sinful lifestyle, lead to utter destruction? What will happen to the rich, secure, sinful elites of today’s world?
- Read Amos 9:11,12 and Acts 15:13-21 How is the Old Testament fulfilled in the New?
- Amos 9: 13-15 When will this part of the prophecy be fulfilled? How long-term are the plans and promises of the Lord?
- List three life-changing things that you have learned from the book of Amos.